4 Nov 2019
2020 AMA Queensland membership is now open to renew.
From Friday 1 November, AMA Queensland members are invited to renew their membership for 2020. Members will have received their renewal notices via email with instructions on the easiest ways to renew including an Express Renewal link requiring only your surname and postcode along with the credit card details that you wish to pay with.
We’re excited to be launching Queensland Doctors' Community on Wednesday 6 November, an online, peer-to-peer platform where our members will drive the agenda, connect with peers and discuss issues affecting them, their patients and the health system.
Membership is an investment in you and the work you do. Whether you’re just starting out in your medical career or have an established practice, we’re here to assist you work at your best. With your help over the last 12 months together we have:
- Successfully lobbied for the Medicare rebate freeze to be lifted a year earlier in July 2019
- Driven improvements in key MBS Review recommendations
- Delivered wage increases and secured better conditions for hospital doctors through MOCA 5
- Published the annual Resident Hospital Health Check survey results and brought attention to key issues affecting junior doctors in many hospitals across Queensland
- Secured $100 million in payments for doctors who visit aged care facilities
These achievements are only made possible by our members, your membership allows us to be here for you, to listen to you and work with you to support you on the job.
Published: 4 Nov 2019